I am providing you with a list of some of the Inflatable Paddle Boards that are considered to be the best in the business. Included are features, advantages, and disadvantages for you to consider so your decision on which paddle board would be right for you is an easy one.
Benefits of using Inflatable Paddle Boards
In comparison to hard boards, customers find that inflatable paddle boards are more appealing because of their reasonable price and exceptional quality. They are made from such quality materials that their life span is totally unbelievable.
Inflatable paddle boards are easy to transport and most come with a backpack style carrier system that the owner can unpack and be set up and ready to go within minutes. Most are 4-6 inches thick so standing in water all day doesn’t happen which is much safer than a hard board.
Its inflation is quite easy. The high pressure pump that comes with each paddle board package is either a single or dual stroke pump with a pressure gauge attached, or the gauge can be separate. Either pump style will serve it purpose, it sometimes is just a matter of personal preference. The dual action will pump air into the board on the upward and downward stroke, while the single action fills the board, just on the down stroke.
While being deflated paddle boards need less storage space. Their compact size allows you to store the paddle board in it’s carrying case just about anywhere.
1. PathFinder Inflatable SUP Stand Up Paddleboard 9” 9” (5” Thick)
The most important factor to look for when buying an inflatable SUP is its stability. PathFinder’s Inflatable paddle board is considered as stable. Also, it is quite easy in to transport and is very user-friendly. This paddle board can hold up to 240 lbs. and is is suitable for teenagers and children. It is made from PVC that is considered a good material for such an object. Overall, this product from PathFinder is favored by most customers who have used it. This product comes with an adjustable aluminum paddle, a pump, fan, carrying bag and valve wrench.
- The product is of light weight which makes easy to handle.
- It supports both adults and teenagers
- It is setup in very small amount of time.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- There is no option given for kayak seating.
- There is no leash provided with this product.
This inflatable paddle board is a complete package with its accessories. The only drawback with this model of PathFinder is that it does not give an option for kayak seating.
2. Atlantis Paddle Boards SUP Inflatable Paddle Board
This product is suitable for beginners. It comes with three fins for stability which can also be detached depending on the user. It is made from UV resistant PVC that makes this item completely durable for long term use. The board will support up to 389 lbs of weight . It can be inflated to 20 PSI. The product is light weight for easy transporting. It comes with a carrying bag, pump, paddles and detachable fins.
- The product comes with all the essentials needed to set up.
- It is light weight and easy to transport.
- It is well built, promoting durability.
- There is no manual provided with this product.
- According to customer reviews, the quality could be improved.
This product contains everything you will need to enjoy some paddle boarding fun. It comes with a complete accessories kit. Its quality is consistent with the price you will pay for it. Has a very attractive design and a large deck.
3. Vilano Voyager 11” Inflatable SUP Stand Up Paddle Board Package
This product looks alot like a hard board but is an inflatable paddle board. Like other paddle boards, this product is also made from PVC making it more reliable and durable. Vilano Voyager’s paddle board is easily deflated to be carried to different places. This paddleboard comes with 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty. Furthermore, you will find it to be a complete package with pump, 3 piece aluminum paddle, detachable fin and a carrying bag.
- It is not expensive .
- It is constructed well.
- It is easy to handle and transport.
- It’s hand pump can inflate the paddle board in a few minutes.
- The product looks stable enough.
- In comparison to other full packages Stand Up paddle boards, this product could be of a little better quality.
Overall, this product can be considered as a good choice if you wish to buy a paddle board for a lesser amount of money. It can take up to 300 lbs of weight. It also has kayak seating. If you wish to compromise quality for money, try this product.
4. ISLE Airtech Inflatable 10” All Around Stand Up Paddle Board
The ISLE Airtech Inflatable Stand, Up Paddleboard, is of very light weight. It can be transported easily. When we talk about the weight we cannot overlook its weight capacity. The product can take up to 240 lbs. of weight. It has a very good design in comparison to other paddle boards. It is constructed of Military Grade PVC. Along with the paddle board, you will get paddles, carrying bag, and pump for inflation. Customers will get 1 year guarantee.
- The product comes with D-rings for many uses.
- Accessory package is very complete.
- The product is well constructed.
- . There should be more weight capacity.
- Some customers would like a more lightweight paddle
Reviewing this product brought us to the conclusion that the deck could be larger for adults but works fine for teenagers and children. You can buy different paddles if you feel these paddles are to heavy.
5. Zray X1 Paddle Board 9” 9” Inflatable SUP Package
This paddle board is durable and tough but yet lightweight and easy to transport. This is a multipurpose board as it can be used for fishing, paddling, yoga or sun tanning. The accessories that it comes with are, one Kayak seat, an inflation pump, aluminum paddle, detachable fin and a carrying bag. The six inch thickness provides stability and ease of movement through the flat water and river runs.
- It is an inexpensive item
- It comes with a complete accessory package.
- Its paddle is not heavy. It can float on water.
- It’s carrying bag is a great addition.
- There is no repair kit.
This paddle board would be a great buy for the beginner since you can operate it standing up or attach the kayak seat and sit down. It’s pretty cool looking even on the bottom! This is priced to sell and if you buy two, the seller will give you a discount on the second board.
6. iRocker Paddle Board Inflatable Package
This inflatable paddle board is suitable for larger people as it can support up to 350 lbs. It is made from material that is super durable and meant for long term usage. The 3 piece paddle is made of high quality aluminum. You will also be given a hand pump for its inflation and a backpack carrying case for easy transport. The manufacturer offers a 2 year warranty with this product. They stand behind it 100%.
- It is a complete package for everyone.
- This product is suitable for beginners.
- In comparison to other paddle boards, this is a bit heavy (weighing 30 lbs.).
- It does not come with a repair kit.
Its design is pretty good, even though it weighs more than other boards. Excellent board for the tall and big guys. The 2 year warranty is among the best warranty offered by other companies.
7. Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package “Adventure 2” 10” 4”
The package for the Tower Paddleboard includes a 3 piece paddle made from fiberglass, a fin, inflate pump, carrying handles and front bungee. The product is said to be portable and easy to transport. It can bear up to 350 lbs of weight. Its appearance is similar to a hard board, but it is an inflatable paddle board. The product is made from military grade PVC that makes it durable and reliable. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
- The product is very sleek looking
- It is built strong for durability.
- It is stable on the water.
- It comes with 2 years of warranty.
- You are not provided with a carrying pack for this paddle board. Customers have to buy it separately to transport it from one place to another.
This could be the perfect choice if anyone is interested in performing stunts. This product’s performance is quite good when compared to others. It also comes with a 2 year manufacturers warranty.
8. Peak Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This product excels in its design. It is designed in such a way that it encourages stability on the water. This paddle board can hold up to 300 lbs. of weight. The most interesting part about this paddle board is that it can be used in all weather conditions by anyone, whether beginners or experts. Its package includes a paddle, carrying bag, coil leash, and a pump. It is made from military grade PVC.
- The product is very light in weight so it can be carried around easily.
- It is an excellent design and is very pleasing to the eye.
- It is good for beginners and expert alike.
- It is only made from one layer of PVC which makes it weaker than other paddle boards.
There is a 1 year warranty on materials and offers risk free returns within a 30 day period. Show your stunts and talent around the world with the Peak Inflatable stand up paddle board.
9. Wakooda GT126 Blue/Gray 12” 6” Inflatable Stand Up Paddle board
This product from Wakooda has an interesting design just like its name and it is fun to skim through the water with this board. The product can accommodate up to 200 lbs of weight. It can be inflated to 20 PSI making it firm and stable. Its package includes , a 3 piece paddle, pump, ankle leash and a carrying bag. It can be used on the open water or in a river setting.
- The product excels in appearance with it’s sleek design.
- Considering the complete package and the quality, it comes at a desent price.
- It’s rather difficult to pump up the board to 20 PSI.
Overall, this product has great curb appeal. There are very few disadvantages with this product. The 3 fins are an excellent addition as is the 1 year warranty against any manufacturers defects.
Tips for inflatable paddle board use
- You must hold the paddle from its top handle and the center of its shaft.
- Let go of the paddle board if you fall. It will not sink.
- Your feet must be placed in parallel position and a shoulders width apart.
- Is it hard to inflate?
Answer: The pressure pumps make it easy to inflate.
- Which PSI should I inflate my board to?
Answer: The best calculated PSI is between 15 to 20.
- How long does it take to deflate?
Answer: Most board inflate in 6-10 minutes.
You will want to purchase a paddle board with a complete accessory package so when you receive it, you are ready to head to the water. Check each one out as to its’ stability, construction and warranty, if they offer one.
Inflatable Stand up Paddle Board Buying Factors
Want to have a good time on the beach? You can choose an inflatable stand up paddle board to enjoy the time of your live.
The inflatable boards are multi-functional as you can ride them in still water or water with small waves. The fact that when they are deflated you can transport them easily in any vehicle is a great selling point.
Having an inflatable stand up paddle board can serve you in so some ways. For example, you can ride two on most boards, use them like a kayka and even fish off the side if you like.
Sun bathing and doing yoga on them is not out of the question. Most are equipped with a anti-slip deck for greater safety. The paddle boards also have a fin attached for stability and turning maneuvers in the water. Some of the boards have up to three fins with some that detach.
Since the main attraction to an inflatable paddle board is that fact that it is so easy to transport, let talk a little more about it. It is obvious when you go to the beach there are countless objects to take care of. If you have a hard paddle board there is always limited space for hauling it.
Most will not fit in the trunk of a car so it has to be strapped to the roof and their is always a chance of damage to both the board and the vehicle. With the inflatable board, just roll it up and put it in it’s carrying bag, throw it in the trunk or back seat if your car and you are ready to go.
Since, this product takes up so little space, you have room to pack all the accessories along with your cooler, fishing gear and the rest of your family. With the addition of your carrying bag, you never again have to put up with water and sand in or on your vehicle.
How to inflate it?
Once you have purchased your inflatable stand up paddle board, you will need to learn how to inflate it. There are some very few simple steps that you can follow to have your product inflate properly.
First, you will need a few things an inflation pump with a hose and a pressure gauge. All these things will help . Your first step should be to unroll and flatten your product. This will help in faster inflation. Now you should connect the pressure gauge to the hose from one end and to the pump on the other end. Check the hose clearly so that no air escapes from the pipe.
Your next step will be to remove the cap from its valve. If there is any sand or dirt deposited on it valve, clean it first otherwise it will accumulate inside the paddle board. Position the pipe over the valve correctly and check to make sure that no air escapes. Now you can start to inflate the board.
Pushing the pump handle up and down will start the air flowing into the board. You may check its pressure gauge to keep tack of the amount of pressure that is building up. Generally, after 165 to 175 pumps your pressure will be at 15 psi. It does requires a lot of energy to pump it up. Now, remove the hose very carefully so that only a little air escapes from the board. Put on its protective cap. Your inflatable stands up paddle board is ready for use.
Person weight limit
When we talk about the weight limit on a paddle board, it is important for you to understand that weight can affect the maneuverability of the paddle board. Stability can also be a factor with more than one person on the board. All manufacturers will suggest a weight limit for their product based on the length, width and construction of the board. It’s always bet to follow their suggestions, especially if the warranty is only good if the board is used per their instructions.
There is a method to calculate the perfect size of the board for you by your weight. You will have to multiply your body weight (lbs) with the conditions for paddle boarding. For example:
- For beginners, body weight (lbs) x (1 to 1.4) = approximate volume.
- For rough conditions, body weight (lbs) x (0.8 to 1) = approximate volume.
- For advanced surfing, body weight (lbs) x (0.6 to 0.8) = approximate volume.
- For experts, body weight (lbs) x (0.5 to 0.6) = approximate volume.
Keep in mind that this approximate volume is calculated in liters.
You will find a size chart with weight labels too. For example, you can put (maximum):
- 275 lbs of weight on board measurements with 12.6 inches x 31 inches x 6 inches (Length x Width x Thickness).
- 250 lbs of weight on board measurements with 11 inches x 31 inches x 6 inches.
- 230 lbs of weight on board measurements with 11 inches x 30 inches x 6 inches.
- 225 lbs of weight on board measurements with 10.6 inches x 30 inches x 4 inches.
- 190 lbs of weight on board measurements with 10 inches x 31 inches x 4 inches.
Keep in mind that this is an approximation, not exact measurements.
Type of paddle included
You will also have to consider the type of paddle when you are going to buy an inflatable stand up paddle board. Having complete information about the product you are buying can result in a long lasting purchase. Let us view the types of paddles found in an inflatable stand up paddle board.
- All Around Stand up Paddleboards: This type of paddle board is convenient for beginners. It works in all weather conditions whether rough or normal. Furthermore, it is the most common type of paddle board found on the market.
- Surf Stand up Paddleboards: This paddle board is suitable for advanced surfers. People who are used to showing off their skillsl and talent can use this kind of paddle board.
- Touring Stand up Paddleboards: This type of paddle boards is recommended to be used in large places like oceans, bays, the sea, etc. It is made in such a way it provides maximum glide. It can be used by beginners as well.
- Race Stand up Paddleboards: This paddle board is specially designed for ocean competitions. It supports long glide and speedy surfing. It is not recommended for use by beginners, but they can always buy this when they have gained enough skill.
Kayak seat attachment option
Kayaking is a fun sport and most paddle boards come with D-rings that you can attach a Kayak portable seat to. If you have to purchase a kayak seat it would be well worth your money to make your paddle board ad versatile as possible. This accessary would give you a little rest if you are out on the water all day long.
Stability is an important issue you should think about when buying an Inflatable Stand up Paddleboard. What if the product you buy is not stable and you have trouble staying on the board? It is better to check the stats on the stability of your chosen inflatable stand up paddle board. If you are a beginner, talk to experienced people and take their ideas to heart. You will enjoy paddle boarding more just knowing that your product is safe and that you can handle it in all type of water.
Can you fish off it?
The answer to this question is yes you can fish on an inflatable stand up paddle board. Customers are allowed to do whatever they wish. They can attach a kayak seat on their paddleboard and sit comfortably and fish or they may also stand and fish. The choice is entirely up to them. There are no limits on having fun. You can take your fishing rod to the lake or ocean. Never miss a chance to catch “the big one.”
People may question again the stability of the inflatable stand up paddle board. Since fishing requires quite a stable stance, you do not have to worry. Enjoy your fishing trip and stay dry on our paddle board until it’s time to get back to shore.
SI inflates too
PSI is pounds per square inch and refers to the amount of pressure that you pump into your board. It is important for you to check on your board for the correct amount of pressure so the unit can operate at its full potential. If there is not enough pressure inside your inflatable stand up paddle board, you will have trouble with it bending and becoming unsafe to ride. Yes, it take a bit of work to get the board inflated, but what’s a little workout before a day of fun in the sun! You will be able to tell if your inflation is not where it should be as the board will not glide properly and it will have a tendency to bend. Make your ride as enjoyable as possible and always use proper inflation.
When you purchasing your inflatable stand up paddle board, it will come with either 1,2, or three fins or you can choose to add fins to your paddle board. There are different types of fins to choose from but for an inflatable stand up paddle board you will have to select fins that are made especially for the inflatable board. They are made from flexible rubber. The fins can be attached or removed depending on your choice. Your fin will help when making turns with your paddle board and also enhance the stability of it.
These fins come with nuts and screws for easy installation. Place these fins in the given position and tighten the screws tight for a stable fit. There are also double fang fin which do not require nuts or screws. There are also fins that just slide into a slot and are secure with a on board clamp. The removal fins can be attached while the board is not inflated.
Having read about all the facts on paddle boards, I hope it will be easier for you to make a decision on which board will be right for you. I want to help you make the right choice so there will be no regrets down the road. Consider, the weight limit, stability, types of paddles, fins, kayak seating, carry packs and inflating equipment that you will need to make paddle boarding a fun and safe sport for you and your family. You can use inflatable stand up paddle boards for fishing as well as fittness. With all the different colors, styles, and prices, I’m sure there is one that has your name on it.